Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Suse 9.3 not working on Dell Latitude D510...need help

  • Olivier Berger
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2005
      "scorpioltk" <scorpioltk@...> writes:

      > Hi.
      > I recently bought an Dell Latitude D510: M730 1,6 Ghz, 15" Xga, 512 mb
      > Ram, 49 GB hdd.
      > I tried installing Suse 9.3
      > After the installation completed and the first reboot ... the system
      > boots into Suse OK ... except that I can only see a black screen... I
      > hear the login sounds of Suse and everything...
      > I think I haven't set up the display correctly, because during install
      > Suse didn't seem to recognise my system as a Dell Latitude, for eg the
      > display was set as WESA 800x600.
      >
      > Can you please tell me which file I need to edit and of course what
      > lines, so that Suse will be confortable with my laptop's display?
      >
      > 10q for your support.

      Hi.

      Maybe you can find interesting details or pointers here :

      http://www-inf.int-evry.fr/~olberger/weblog/2005/08/24/debian-gnulinux-on-a-dell-latitude-d510-laptop/

      Hope this helps.

      Best regards,
      --
      Olivier BERGER (OpenPGP: 1024D/B4C5F37F)
      APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)