software suspend info

  • roberto
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
      Hi all, i know that suspend-to-ram or disk is a very old subject; so i will not ask here detailed
      informations, but i need help to know some good reference online where some of you has found
      useful help to get software suspend on his/her Dell notebook. I currently hold a D600, if there
      someone who has these information, especially for this laptop, please any help is very
      appreciated.

      Goodbye!

      Roberto
      Debian Sarge
      kernel 2.6.8

      ___________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.it
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
        Hi Roberto,
        I'm not sure what kind of information you're looking for
        specifically - but I've used http://mhensler.de/swsusp/index_en.php
        which admittedly is more beneficial to me as a Fedora user - but swsusp
        works great on my 700m.

        cheers,
        steve

        roberto wrote:

        >Hi all, i know that suspend-to-ram or disk is a very old subject; so i will not ask here detailed
        >informations, but i need help to know some good reference online where some of you has found
        >useful help to get software suspend on his/her Dell notebook. I currently hold a D600, if there
        >someone who has these information, especially for this laptop, please any help is very
        >appreciated.
        >
        >Goodbye!
        >
        >Roberto
        >Debian Sarge
        >kernel 2.6.8
        >

        >___________________________________
        >Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB
        >http://mail.yahoo.it
        >

        >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
        >Most low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital divide today!
        >http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/s5T0lB/TM

      • Herman
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
          roberto wrote:
          > Hi all, i know that suspend-to-ram or disk is a very old subject; so i will not ask here detailed
          > informations, but i need help to know some good reference online where some of you has found
          > useful help to get software suspend on his/her Dell notebook. I currently hold a D600, if there
          > someone who has these information, especially for this laptop, please any help is very
          > appreciated.

          The web site is http://www.suspend2.net

          However, the path of least resistance is to use a distribution in which
          it works out of the box. Mandriva 2006 RC1 appears to work and also the
          latest Suse.

          In a few months time, it will work in all distributions, so doing battle
          with suspend isn't quite worth it - just wait a while - then use your
          favourite distro.

          Cheers,

          H.
        • uteck
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
            read
            /usr/src/linux-2.6.12.5/Documentation/power/swsusp.txt insert your
            kernel version if it is 2.6.12.5. It has good instructions for
            enabling it.

            On 9/15/05, Herman <herman@...> wrote:
            > roberto wrote:
            > > Hi all, i know that suspend-to-ram or disk is a very old subject; so i will not ask here detailed
            > > informations, but i need help to know some good reference online where some of you has found
            > > useful help to get software suspend on his/her Dell notebook. I currently hold a D600, if there
            > > someone who has these information, especially for this laptop, please any help is very
            > > appreciated.
            >
            > The web site is http://www.suspend2.net
            >
            > However, the path of least resistance is to use a distribution in which
            > it works out of the box. Mandriva 2006 RC1 appears to work and also the
            > latest Suse.
            >
            > In a few months time, it will work in all distributions, so doing battle
            > with suspend isn't quite worth it - just wait a while - then use your
            > favourite distro.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > H.

            no .sig found