Please help! Any brandname laptop that runs Red Hat 9x or SUSE 9x

  • aasyed001@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
      Please help! Any one knows any brandname laptop that will work without problem preferably with Red Hat 9x or SUSE 9x; to run Oracle9i or Oracle 10g. Greatly appreciated

      Regards,

      aasyed

      Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

    • Herman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
        aasyed001@... wrote:
        > Please help! Any one knows any brandname laptop that will work without problem preferably with Red Hat 9x or SUSE 9x; to run Oracle9i or Oracle 10g. Greatly appreciated
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > aasyed

        I understand why you ask that question, but the truth is that there
        probably isn't such a thing.

        However, almost any laptop will work with very little trouble, for
        various quantities of little...

        Typically, problems occur with WiFi adaptors, built-in modems, Hybernate
        and Suspend modes. So if those things are not important to you, then
        you can buy any Dell notebook.

        For what it is worth, I am writing this on a Dell Inspiron 1200, the
        very bottom of the Dell line and it is currently running MySQL,
        PostgreSQL, Apache, Postfix, SQL Ledger, FreeRADIUS, PhpSupport, Webmin
        and oodles of other stuff - (I'm doing development of an internet access
        system). All of this schtuff which will eventually be spread over four
        servers, is running right now in 256MB RAM on this little machine...

        Here is a guide: http://www.aerospacesoftware.com/notebook-howto.html

        Cheers,

        H.
      • E.M.Gardner
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
          aasyed001@... wrote:
          >Please help! Any one knows any brandname laptop that will work without problem preferably with Red Hat 9x or SUSE 9x; to run Oracle9i or Oracle 10g. Greatly appreciated
          >
          >Regards,
          >
          >aasyed

          >Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
          >As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register
          >
          >Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
          >
          >New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
          >Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
          >Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp

          I'm running a Dell i8600 with dude 9.3 and it rocks
        • E.M.Gardner
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
            aasyed001@... wrote:
            >Please help! Any one knows any brandname laptop that will work without problem preferably with Red Hat 9x or SUSE 9x; to run Oracle9i or Oracle 10g. Greatly appreciated
            >
            >Regards,
            >
            >aasyed

            >Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
            >As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register
            >
            >Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
            >
            >New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
            >Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
            >Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp

            I'm running a Dell i8600 with suse 9.3 and it rocks