Inspiron 1100 bios

  • ejd
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      After switching from A31 to A32 bios I get strange fan behaviour after
      resuming from suspend-to-ram. Previously with A31 everything would be
      fine and the fan would behave as usual, however, with A32 after resuming
      from suspend (only suspend-to-ram, not suspend to disc (both using
      suspend2)) the fan does not seem to slow down at all, it stays at a
      constant high, but not fastest speed. The computer has seemed to have
      lost control of the fan.

      Anyone having similar problems? Any solutions other than down-grading to
      A31 (seems reasonable anyway)?

      Also does Fn-F8 (crt/lcd) stall anyone else's machine (I end up using
      i810switch)?

      Thanks, smbawhisky.