inspiron 700 shutdown error

  • howquoy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      I just got my new laptop and promptly installed NLD (SuSE) on it. Now
      when I attempt to shutdown I get an error "umount /proc: device is
      busy"

      I found something about this on the redhat site, so following the
      instructions, I did a umount /proc and of course it failed, Then I did
      a fuser -vm /proc and got the following results

      USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
      /proc root 5503 f.... klogd
      root 6098 f.... powersaved
      root 6463 f.... master