Re: No Sound (Inspiron 2200 )

  • josephleebrandt
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 29, 2005
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, uteck <theuteck@g...> wrote:
      > Ubunto is okay, it installs a complete desktop, but has nothing like
      > Yast or Draktool (or whatever it is called) to make admin easy.
      > Ubuntu expects you to find and use tools like Synaptic for packages,
      > and the various Gnome tools for system admin. My main complaint with
      > Ubuntu is that it has very little built-in support for new users.

      While I admit Mandrake has the Control Panel which lets you do
      anything. I used it for a couple of years. It is a crutch lets you
      control Mandrake but not learn Linux. Ubuntu has excellent support.

      http://www.ubuntuguide.org

      A hand holding walkthrough to setup your Ubuntu.

      http://www.ubuntuforums.org

      A very good forum setup with an excellent search engine.