Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Newsgroup Information Archive

  • Christoph Eckert
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21 4:02 PM
      > I haven't posted to the newsgroup in a while, but have noticed that
      > an awful lot of the same questions get asked over and over again. Has
      > anyone thought about setting up a Wiki?  It seems like that would be
      > a great place to just cut/paste some of these solutions.  Some of the
      > laptop linux forums have great info, but it gets out-of-date quickly
      > and a Wiki would allow us to collectively keep it current.
      >
      > FWIW, Dell has made a committment to Linux on the server side, and
      > they might be willing to start the ball rolling with laptops by
      > hosting a Wiki themselves.
      >
      > Thoughts?

      we're currently planning to set up a wiki for the linux audio user list
      for the same reasons.

      Prob: You need people who fill it with content, people who take care
      about the design (easy to navigate front page so users will find the
      needed info quickly) and someone who even removes outdated data.

      Respecting this, a wiki is a very good idea.

      Best regards

      ce