Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Digest Number 2147

  • Cris Rhea
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:33:49 -0000
      > From: "vitalmarks" <vitalmarks@...>
      > Subject: Problem in running squid
      >
      > HI
      > i m new to squid. i ve configured the whole squid configuration file
      > but when i m going to start the squid it gives me this error message
      > "squid: unrecognized service". my squid located in
      > " /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf " and i gave all the nescessary
      > permission to all files and folder , and also give the right ownership.
      > pls help me as soon as possible.

      What did you do specifically to generate that error??

      If you did "service squid start", the error is because the init.d
      scripts aren't installed for squid. (Look at the "chkconfig" man page
      and the "--add" option.)

      What distribution of Linux are you using?

      --
      Cristopher J. Rhea Mayo Foundation
      Research Computing Facility Pavilion 2-25