Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Turn Off CPU Scaling in Latitude C840

  • Alexander Toresson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2005
      To turn it off, you would prevent the cpufreq-userspace and
      acpi-cpufreq modules and the cpufreq/speedstep module specific to your
      computer, and kill the daemon that tries to control it. Though I don't
      really think you want to disable it, because the cpu frequency is
      automatically increased when there is need for power, and it saves on
      battery.

      Regards, Alexander Toresson