Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: SUSE 9.3 Installation

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2005
      kerphi3012 wrote:
      > The first CD of SUSE doesn't even let me get to a formatting option -
      > the installation is aborted beforehand. I'll try the Mandriva or
      > Knoppix formatting. Thanks, OA

      Some people keep a Mandriva CD1 in their toolbox, just for the diskdrake
      wizard!

      Basically, start the Mandriva installation, answer some stupid
      questions, select Expert mode and you'll get to diskdrake. Then
      partition and format the disk the way you want, continue and abort, then
      do whatever you want.

      Cheers,

      H.