Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Looking for a laptop to install RedHat linux 7.3

  • Chris Fox
    • anwar_a_syed
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2005
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Chris Fox <chrisfox8@c...>
        wrote:

        *******************
        All the points you have mentioned all valid abut the older versions.
        I still come across some older version of Windows 3.x and even DOS
        due the nature of my work.

        Sure, I will install RedHat 9.x but want to make sure the
        installation goes smooth on a Dell laptop or any other brand without
        any problem as it works on my desktop. I have just found a great
        website that sells only Linux or Solaris (Sun UNIX version, the price
        starts at $2000. But I am not willing to spend at this price, just
        want to install Dual Boot Win 2000 and Linux with 1 GB RAM and price
        range $700 ~ $ 800. I know installing Oracle9i will be a challenge
        on a Linux platform!!!
        This is the site I am talking about for Laptop.
        linux-dell-laptops
      • Stephen Lau
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 10, 2005
          anwar_a_syed wrote:
          >All the points you have mentioned all valid abut the older versions.
          >I still come across some older version of Windows 3.x and even DOS
          >due the nature of my work.

          >Sure, I will install RedHat 9.x but want to make sure the
          >installation goes smooth on a Dell laptop or any other brand without
          >any problem as it works on my desktop. I have just found a great
          >website that sells only Linux or Solaris (Sun UNIX version, the price
          >starts at $2000. But I am not willing to spend at this price, just
          >want to install Dual Boot Win 2000 and Linux with 1 GB RAM and price
          >range $700 ~ $ 800. I know installing Oracle9i will be a challenge
          >on a Linux platform!!!
          >This is the site I am talking about for Laptop.
          >linux-dell-laptops

          fyi, Solaris is a free download...