Fedors Core 3 and Dell CSX

  • marine_760
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
      Hi,

      Received the following error when I tried loading Fedora Core 3 to my
      laptop.

      File"/usr/src/build/475969-i386/install//usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py",
      line 1986, in setup Device raise System error,"pvcreate failed for %s" %
      (volume,)system error: pvcreate failed for <fsset.parition device
      instance at 0xb7541e8e>

      Can someone tell me what this means?

      Jim
    • uteck
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
        I think it means that the installer is having problems with the
        filesystem. Not sure how to fix it, but the installer can read a
        patches from floppy if there is one.

        On 7/5/05, marine_760 <marine_760@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Received the following error when I tried loading Fedora Core 3 to my
        > laptop.
        >
        > File"/usr/src/build/475969-i386/install//usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py",
        > line 1986, in setup Device raise System error,"pvcreate failed for %s" %
        > (volume,)system error: pvcreate failed for <fsset.parition device
        > instance at 0xb7541e8e>
        >
        > Can someone tell me what this means?
        >
        > Jim

        no .sig found
        Please restart your browser.
      • marine_760
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
          Ok,
          Got the answer from another posting, I need to repartition my
          computer. Thanks All.

          Jim

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, uteck <theuteck@g...>