Re: [linux-dell-laptops] quick question

  • Douglas S. Oliver
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
      One way is to use fdisk or cfdisk and use the p option. That will print the partition table. If you use the t option, you can look at the octal values of the partition types. I think a swap partition is 82. (I'm using options from fdisk. cfdisk might be the same; I just don't remember.) --Douglas

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
        'cat /etc/fstab' should give a list of automatically mounted partitions. "swap"
        should be among the list.

        --- Pawel Drapala <pwdrapala@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > How do I find out what my swap drive is?

      • Herman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
          Pawel Drapala wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > How do I find out what my swap drive is?

          /swap

          Do this:
          $ su -
          superuserpassword
          # mount

          'Hope this helps!

          Cheers,

          H.
        • Alexandre Tessier
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2005
            vishwa wrote:
            > hi,
            > I am unable to run divx extenstion files in redhat linux.
            >
            > I tried to run with realplayer, but failed.
            >
            > Can you help me, how do i go about it..
            >
            > Even i tried with mplayer and divx player. but unable to get the rpm
            > package on the net..

            Did you install all the codecs before compiling mplayer?

            > Kindly advice
            >
            > thanks in advance
            > vishwa
            > vusharani@...

            http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/LIFO/Members/tessier/
            tel LIFO: +33 (0)238494670 tel IUFM: +33 (0)238798417