quick question

  • Pawel Drapala
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3 6:26 PM
      Hi,

      How do I find out what my swap drive is?

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
    • Douglas S. Oliver
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3 6:55 PM
        One way is to use fdisk or cfdisk and use the p option. That will print the partition table. If you use the t option, you can look at the octal values of the partition types. I think a swap partition is 82. (I'm using options from fdisk. cfdisk might be the same; I just don't remember.) --Douglas

        How do I find out what my swap drive is?

      • Haedn Thorn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3 7:25 PM
          'cat /etc/fstab' should give a list of automatically mounted partitions. "swap"
          should be among the list.

          --- Pawel Drapala <pwdrapala@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > How do I find out what my swap drive is?

        • Herman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3 10:18 PM
            Pawel Drapala wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > How do I find out what my swap drive is?

            /swap

            Do this:
            $ su -
            superuserpassword
            # mount

            'Hope this helps!

            Cheers,

            H.
          • Alexandre Tessier
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4 1:39 AM
              vishwa wrote:
              > hi,
              > I am unable to run divx extenstion files in redhat linux.
              >
              > I tried to run with realplayer, but failed.
              >
              > Can you help me, how do i go about it..
              >
              > Even i tried with mplayer and divx player. but unable to get the rpm
              > package on the net..

              Did you install all the codecs before compiling mplayer?

              > Kindly advice
              >
              > thanks in advance
              > vishwa
              > vusharani@...

              http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/LIFO/Members/tessier/
              tel LIFO: +33 (0)238494670 tel IUFM: +33 (0)238798417