divx - redhat

  • vishwa
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
      hi,
      I am unable to run divx extenstion files in redhat linux.

      I tried to run with realplayer, but failed.

      Can you help me, how do i go about it..

      Even i tried with mplayer and divx player. but unable to get the rpm
      package on the net..

      Kindly advice

      thanks in advance
      vishwa
      vusharani@...
    • Douglas S. Oliver
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
        Have you tried Xine? I don't know whether it'll work, but I now it handles a lot of different formats/codexes. Redhat disables certain programs because of certain pirating potentials. Xine, for example, it ignores regions/zones that would block someone from viewing some European or Asian films in the US. Good luck. --Douglas

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005

          How do I find out what my swap drive is?

          Yahoo! Sports
          http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
        • Douglas S. Oliver
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
            One way is to use fdisk or cfdisk and use the p option. That will print the partition table. If you use the t option, you can look at the octal values of the partition types. I think a swap partition is 82. (I'm using options from fdisk. cfdisk might be the same; I just don't remember.) --Douglas

            How do I find out what my swap drive is?

          • Haedn Thorn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
              'cat /etc/fstab' should give a list of automatically mounted partitions. "swap"
              should be among the list.

              --- Pawel Drapala <pwdrapala@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > How do I find out what my swap drive is?

            • Herman
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
                Pawel Drapala wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > How do I find out what my swap drive is?

                /swap

                Do this:
                $ su -
                superuserpassword
                # mount

                'Hope this helps!

                Cheers,

                H.
              • Alexandre Tessier
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2005
                  vishwa wrote:
                  > hi,
                  > I am unable to run divx extenstion files in redhat linux.
                  >
                  > I tried to run with realplayer, but failed.
                  >
                  > Can you help me, how do i go about it..
                  >
                  > Even i tried with mplayer and divx player. but unable to get the rpm
                  > package on the net..

                  Did you install all the codecs before compiling mplayer?

                  > Kindly advice
                  >
                  > thanks in advance
                  > vishwa
                  > vusharani@...

                  http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/LIFO/Members/tessier/
                  tel LIFO: +33 (0)238494670 tel IUFM: +33 (0)238798417