Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Sound problems, Dell Latitude CPi

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2005
      Julius No wrote:
      > I have a dell latitude CPi 233 pentium.
      >
      > I have tried knoppix, debian, and mandrake and cannot get the sound
      > card to work. (It did work with win98SE)
      >
      > Does anyone know how to config the built in sound card?
      >
      > Failing that, does anyone have any experience with an external USB
      > Sound Blaster module? (SB0270)

      Uhmmm, if Knoppix won't work, then you have a serious problem. The only
      solution would be to go to the ALSA project site at
      http://www.alsaproject.org/ and start reading. It is not difficult to
      compile ALSA, but there are a few things that you need to know, so it is
      not going to be a quick fix.

      Cheers,

      Herman