Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Dell Cp 233 xt Linux RedHat version installation procedures

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
      dand54321 wrote:
      > Witch version of RedHat and how would I be able to install Linux on my
      > laptop with good instructions, please! Thanks anyone

      Always use the very latest version of any distribution. Linux is
      improving very rapidly, so the latest version is usually a whole lot
      better than the previous one.

      My personal favourite Red Hat version is Mandriva... ;-)

      If you have issues and need to know the chip names and numbers and
      coresponding drivers, boot up a CDROM version, such as Knoppix.

      Cheers,
      --
      Herman
    • Alexandre Tessier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
        Herman wrote:
        > dand54321 wrote:
        >
        >>Witch version of RedHat and how would I be able to install Linux on my
        >>laptop with good instructions, please! Thanks anyone
        >>

        > Always use the very latest version of any distribution. Linux is
        > improving very rapidly, so the latest version is usually a whole lot
        > better than the previous one.
        >
        > My personal favourite Red Hat version is Mandriva... ;-)

        Strange...
        Mandriva is also my favourite Red Hat... ;-)
        More seriously, maybe you should not use Red Hat but you should try
        Fedora Core instead.
        http://fedora.redhat.com/