Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Precision M70

  • Markus Härnvi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2005
      > Do you mean the integrated SD card reader? Is it the TI PCI7420? I
      > have the same in my 700m, and it is not currently supported by Linux.
      >
      > I've started writing a driver, but the progress is very very slow since
      > I've never written a Linux driver before. I have the technical
      > specs/documentation for the PCI7420 chip though, so that's a good start...

      I wish you good luck! I'm totally lost in C, otherwise I would
      gladly help.

      > >* Suspend to RAM/Disk. This is a big one.. I really want to be able to
      > >suspend both to RAM and disk.
      > >

      > You can always use software suspend (swsusp). If you are running FC3,
      > you can download software-suspend enabled RPMs of the kernel at:
      > http://mhensler.de/swsusp/download_en.php
      >
      > They work great for me... I've been using them for a few months now. My
      > current uptime is over 3 weeks. :-)

      I read this in a thread: "swsusp works, but the nvidia driver doesn't
      support swsusp". He could use swsusp if he first closed X and unloaded
      the nvidia kernel module.

      http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31858&goto=nextoldest

      /Markus