success report: Gentoo on Inspiron 1100
- Just posted a brief summary of my (mostly) successful experience with
Gentoo Linux on my Inspiron 1100.
What works well:
* Broadcom BCM4401 100Base-T Ethernet (rev 01)
* Intel AC'97 Modem Controller / Conexant HSF modem
* Intel 82801 AC'97 audio
* Intel 82845G/GL chipset video, X at 1024x768x24
* Synaptics touchpad & USB mouse
* Netgear MA401 16-bit PCMCIA wireless card (added)
* CPU on-demand frequency governing (in battery mode)
What doesn't work:
* software suspend (haven't really worked on it)
* ACPI events (power button, lid, power status change, etc)
Hope someone finds it useful.