Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Digest Number 2095

  • erick
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2005
      On Friday May 27 2005 4:24 pm, irlandes wrote:
      > Realizing finally what Chris is really like, it is likely that I will
      > un-subscribe from this group. The members of this group have been
      > generally nice, and helpful, especially for a small, specialized group,
      > and I thank you for a couple of good years. But, since I started using
      > the Internet in 1997, this is far from the first time I have encountered
      > one of these poor souls. And, I can guarantee you, there is just no way
      > to deal with irrational individuals such as Chris. I have seen many
      > forums try, and all failed; the only solution is outright banning and
      > the structure of this group does not seem to make that possible. It
      > could be done with a concerted effort, of course, but I suspect most of
      > you either don't care, or simply mis-interpret it as some sort of
      > personality conflict between Chris and I.

      Bruce,

      I'm new to linux, about 2 months now, so I haven't read alot of the
      forums .... some but not most ... I agree with you on your reasons for using
      linux ... I had a problem with windows when I re-installed the OS and could
      not activate it without a major issue on the telephone. I bought 3 copies of
      XP Home and 1 copy of XP Pro, thats $500 for microsoft and they're telling me
      I can't install this copy anymore ....(XP-Pro) .. so I dumped windows for
      Suse 9.3 a much better deal at $59 instead of $200 .... I refuse to use
      windows anymore... I bash windows but only at home ... most of my friends I
      don't think could handle linux so I don't push it ... although from my short
      experience it out does windows hands down ...

      --
      The inherent downside in a life of pursuing women is the
      possibility of inadvertently catching one