Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Sony Handycam and firewire/linux

  • Stefan Koopmanschap
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2005
      To reply to my own post, this solution has been solved thanks to someone
      over at the slackware usenet group. To quote his solution:

      In Slackware 9.1 you will have to create the devices yourself. They should
      look like this:

      crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 171, 0 Dec 17 2002 /dev/raw1394
      crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 172, 0 Dec 17 2002 /dev/video1394

      So they should be created with:

      mknod /dev/raw1394 c 171 0
      mknod /dev/video1394 c 172 0

      I hope this also helps someone else.