Re: [linux-dell-laptops] FC3 Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS express chipset - video

  • Casper Pedersen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2005
      The issue is know - it's a bug in the bios.

      Try this one: http://www.c-note.dk/yum/d610-patch/d610-patch-0.1-1.src.rpm

      You should add '/usr/sbin/d610-patch 3c 1400 1050' to /etc/rc.d/rc.local
      which will give you 1400x1050 in 24bit.

      The reason why it doesn't work is that the bios only reports back vesa
      resolutions of which 1400x1050 is not one of.

      Regards/Casper