Re: Inspiron 8200 + FC3 + suspend/resume

  • drfisketrahl
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21 3:29 PM
      I have exactly the same problem in Mandriva LE2005, with kernel
      2.6.11. Hardware is inspiron 8200 with ATI radeon mobility 9000. Boot
      with acpi=off, suspend from console with apm -s.

      It works perfectly in Mandrake 10.0 (kernel 2.6.3) with the same
      settings. The only difference I can see in the logs is the following:

      May 22 00:08:51 ignatius cardmgr[4983]: executing: 'modprobe -r
      orinoco_cs 2>&1'
      May 22 00:08:51 ignatius cardmgr[4983]: + FATAL: Module orinoco_cs is
      in use.
      May 22 00:08:51 ignatius cardmgr[4983]: modprobe exited with status 1
      May 22 00:08:51 ignatius cardmgr[4983]: exiting

      /Fredrik Stahl

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
      <dmk-yahoo@k...> wrote:

      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
      > <dmk-yahoo@k...> wrote:
      > >
      > > [Replying to my own post.]
      > >
      > > I've been trying to simplify the problem. I've cut X and the
      nVidia
      > > driver out of the picture by trying to suspend/resume *just* from
      > > shell level, and even that does not work. Suspend seems to work:
      the