help with sound configuration for redhat 9.0 on dell d610

  • paul_colestock
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2005
      Sound card (sigmatel c-major audio) not recognized on dell d610 with
      redhat 9 install. Any tips on how to configure this device are
      greatly appreciated
    • uteck
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2005
        Redhat 9 is a bit old, it may not have the proper driver. You could
        try Debian Sarge, or Fedora, they should install with no problem.
        Sarge found all the hardware on my D600.

        On 5/15/05, paul_colestock <paul_colestock@...> wrote:
        > Sound card (sigmatel c-major audio) not recognized on dell d610 with
        > redhat 9 install. Any tips on how to configure this device are
        > greatly appreciated

        no .sig found
        Please restart your browser.
      • Christoph Eckert
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2005
          > Sound card (sigmatel c-major audio) not recognized on dell
          > d610 with redhat 9 install.  Any tips on how to configure
          > this device are greatly appreciated

          when using ALSA, you can try alsaconf from the ALSA-utils
          package.

          Isn't Red Hat 9 a bit outdated?

          Best regards

          ce