kernel 2.6.x for latitude

  • roberto
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2005
      Hi all.
      I need to recompile my kernel source (2.6.x) for my D600 using Debian Sarge, can please
      some of you help me giving his configuration file ".config" or whatever you call it under your
      system, especially if it is a Latitude D-series (600-800 and so on)?

      Preferably as an attachment, only to my mail address if you want.

      Thank you very much.

      Roberto

      ___________________________________
      Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto pi� divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica� Scaricalo ora!
      http://it.messenger.yahoo.it
    • D. R. E. Moonfire
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2005
        roberto wrote:
        > Hi all.
        > I need to recompile my kernel source (2.6.x) for my D600 using Debian Sarge, can please
        > some of you help me giving his configuration file ".config" or whatever you call it under your
        > system, especially if it is a Latitude D-series (600-800 and so on)?
        >
        > Preferably as an attachment, only to my mail address if you want.
        >
        > Thank you very much.

        This is for Linux 2.6.11.5. I'm running Debian Sid, but it should be
        fairly close for Sarge. This also handles *some* audio out on the
        docking port, if you blacklist the modem audio:

        root:/# grep intel /etc/hotplug/blacklist
        snd-intel8x0m
        snd-intel8x1

        Cheers!
      • roberto
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2005

          > 1. Re: kernel 2.6.x for latitude
          > From: "D. R. E. Moonfire" <d.moonfire@...>
          > Message: 1
          > Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 14:16:04 -0500
          > From: "D. R. E. Moonfire" <d.moonfire@...>
          > Subject: Re: kernel 2.6.x for latitude
          >
          > roberto wrote:
          > > Hi all.
          > > I need to recompile my kernel source (2.6.x) for my D600 using Debian Sarge, can please
          > > some of you help me giving his configuration file ".config" or whatever you call it under
          > your
          > > system, especially if it is a Latitude D-series (600-800 and so on)?
          > >
          > > Preferably as an attachment, only to my mail address if you want.
          > >
          > > Thank you very much.
          >
          > This is for Linux 2.6.11.5. I'm running Debian Sid, but it should be
          > fairly close for Sarge. This also handles *some* audio out on the
          > docking port, if you blacklist the modem audio:
          >
          > root:/# grep intel /etc/hotplug/blacklist
          > snd-intel8x0m
          > snd-intel8x1
          >
          > Cheers!
          >

          > [This message contained attachments]

          thank you for your answer but mail system did not let me see any of your attachments, if any;
          could you please re-send your mail to my address attaching your file(s), probably this is the only
          way to receive your file

          thanks :)

          Roberto

          http://mail.yahoo.it