wireless for inspiron 6000

  • oopps..forgot
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2005
      help!!

      i have an inspiron 6000 but i can not get the wireless card work!

      i've tried slackware 10.1, fedora core3, mandrake 10.1 but all does
      not regconise my card. pls advice
    • Haedn Thorn
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2005
        --- "oopps..forgot" <pasific78@...> wrote:
        > help!!
        >
        > i have an inspiron 6000 but i can not get the wireless card work!
        >
        > i've tried slackware 10.1, fedora core3, mandrake 10.1 but all does
        > not regconise my card. pls advice

        Which card do you have? If it is Intel, check out ipw2100.sf.net or
        ipw2200.sf.net ... For other cards, try madwifi.sf.net or ndsiwrapper.sf.net
        ... Distrobution really doesn't matter so much except for how packages are
        handled and level of user-interaction. For kids or typical Windoze users, I'd
        go with Mandrake. For hardcore-hacker-types, I like Slackware. If you have a
        lot of time and want to learn a ton about Linux, check out Gentoo.
      • erick
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2005
          On Tuesday 10 May 2005 12:43 pm, oopps..forgot wrote:
          > help!!
          >
          > i have an inspiron 6000 but i can not get the wireless card work!
          >
          > i've tried slackware 10.1, fedora core3, mandrake 10.1 but all does
          > not regconise my card. pls advice

          ndiswrapper and the windows driver...