Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Laptop Lid Button Inspiron8500

  • Paul Gratz
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2005
      That will should turn off the screen, however if you want to use the lid
      button you really need to get acpi working. Do a search on the yahoo
      groups webpage, I've got the same exact laptop and I've documented how I
      did it a while ago.
      Paul

      On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 18:09 +0200, Felipe Gordillo wrote:
      > exciter_violator escribió:
      >
      > > Anyone have any ideas on how to make the lid button turn off the
      > > display? I often leave my laptop running over night while it's doing
      > > all sorts of things and would like the screen to turn off (not just go
      > > blank).
      > >
      > > FYI, I'm running CentOS4, Inspiron 8500, ATI Mobility 9M. Let me know
      > > if any further info is needed...
      > >

      > xset dpms force off

      Paul Gratz <pgratz@...>
    • exciter_violator
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2005
        Cool, thank you for that command. What I ended up doing was put an
        entry in my ~/.xscreensaver called Kill Monitor that runs that
        command... so now when the screensaver comes on it just turns off the
        monitor instead...

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Felipe Gordillo