Inspiron 5000 video problem

  • esjatharvee
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 6:48 PM
      I'm trying to get the latest gentoo up and running on my Inspiron 5000
      and I am having absolutely no success with video. Video stream comes
      out the video in the back but the laptop LCD remains completely dark.
      I've seen that this is a problem with the current version of Xorg in
      many distributions. I've tried the workarounds but to no avail.

      Any suggestions?

      many thanks
      ---eric