Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Suspend not rusuming all the time.

  • ken
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2005
      Peter Nunn wrote:

      >I've got a CPx running MDK really well, the only problem is that suspend is
      >flaky to say the least...
      >
      >Most of the time it goes to sleep OK (although the behaviour seems to be
      >different depending on AC adaptor or Docking Port) but often when it resumes
      >it starts a new session rather than continuing th existing one.

      I'm guessing you mean it starts a new X session, yes? Or a new
      terminal/console session?

      >The log has this in it...
      >
      >Apr 24 02:11:15 shifter apmd[3208]: System Suspend
      >Apr 24 09:07:55 shifter kernel: PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 0000:00:08.0
      >Apr 24 09:07:57 shifter apmd[3208]: Using battery power
      >Apr 24 09:07:57 shifter apmd[3208]: Battery: 100%, discharging, 5:19:00 to
      >empty
      >Apr 24 09:07:59 shifter mdkkdm[3270]: X server for display :0 terminated
      >unexpectedly
      >
      >[....]

      Sorry if this is obvious, but X is getting killed somehow. If the
      system is starting up a new X session (see above), this is why.

      Check your other log files or make the above output more verbose to get
      more info on why this is happening. If you're doing a suspend to RAM,
      it may be sufficient to blank the screen. The xscreensave utility can
      do this.

      do. Why? ...In order to afford the sort of existence we don't care to live.
      -- Bradford Angier