how to access SD card slot on i9200?

  • Robert P. J. Day
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7 11:29 AM
      running FC3 on my i9200, what is the necessary magic i need to
      access an SD card i just pop into the SD card slot? i'm used to
      tailing /var/log/messages, inserting a new device and seeing what new
      device file is suddenly registered/recognized?

      hints?

      rday
    • Lars Tobias Børsting
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20 3:22 AM
        "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@...> writes:

        > running FC3 on my i9200, what is the necessary magic i need to access
        > an SD card i just pop into the SD card slot? i'm used to tailing
        > /var/log/messages, inserting a new device and seeing what new device
        > file is suddenly registered/recognized?

        If this is the same SD Card reader as is in the X300, namely the Ricoh
        RL5c476 II, then I'm sorry to say there is no support for it on Linux
        yet.

        http://www.geocities.com/q20linux:
        «According to Ricoh the card reader does not support a standard IDE
        interface but requires a proprietary driver - which does no exist for
        linux.»

        --
        Regards,

        Lars Tobias Børsting