i m XP and i ve installed vmware software over it.

  • vitalmarks
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2005
      i m using XP o/s and i ve installed vmware software over it. through
      vmware software i ve installed Red hat Linux 9.0 in CLI mode. In my
      system i ve installed three network adaptors. from One of three adaptor
      i used for internet connection from proxy server which assigns me
      dynamic IP(by DHCP server).
      Now i want to install "squid proxy server on linux" and want to make
      dhcp client on Xp O/s (on same machine as i m using vmware s/w).
      when i m writing this command "ifconfig -a" it showing me only one
      ethernet adaptor even though i ve installed three ethernet adoptors.
      now pls tell me only ethernet card configurations that needs to be
      configure before installing squid in the scenario which i describe
      above.