Re: pls tell me the command that tells me the up interfaces in linux

  • Muhammad Aurangzeb
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
      Thanx for telling, the command which u told me ifup eth0 when i write
      there was no response what does it mean. is it mean that the interface
      is up? or down?
    • Wayne Feick
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
        Those are the commands from bringing interfaces up and down, I believe.
        You probably want "ifconfig" to show you the ones that are up, and
        "ifconfig -a" to show you all, including those that are down.

        Wayne.

        Chris Fox wrote:

        > Muhammad Aurangzeb wrote:
        >

        > | Hi
        > | pls tell me the command that tells me the up interfaces in linux and
        > | also tell me the command, with the help of which i can up the down
        > | ethernet interface.
        >
        > at last one I can answer!
        >
        > ifup eth0
        >
        > ifdown eth0

      • Muhammad Aurangzeb
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
          Wayne thanx i was really wanted to ask this thanx again.
        • Chris Fox