Re: [linux-dell-laptops] pls tell me the command that tells me the up interfaces in linux

  • Chris Fox
    • Muhammad Aurangzeb
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
        Thanx for telling, the command which u told me ifup eth0 when i write
        there was no response what does it mean. is it mean that the interface
        is up? or down?
      • Wayne Feick
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
          Those are the commands from bringing interfaces up and down, I believe.
          You probably want "ifconfig" to show you the ones that are up, and
          "ifconfig -a" to show you all, including those that are down.

          Wayne.

          Chris Fox wrote:

          > Muhammad Aurangzeb wrote:
          >

          > | Hi
          > | pls tell me the command that tells me the up interfaces in linux and
          > | also tell me the command, with the help of which i can up the down
          > | ethernet interface.
          >
          > at last one I can answer!
          >
          > ifup eth0
          >
          > ifdown eth0

        • Muhammad Aurangzeb
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
            Wayne thanx i was really wanted to ask this thanx again.
          • Chris Fox