pls tell me the command that tells me the up interfaces in linux

  • Muhammad Aurangzeb
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 2:14 PM
      Hi
      pls tell me the command that tells me the up interfaces in linux and
      also tell me the command, with the help of which i can up the down
      ethernet interface.
    • Chris Fox
      • Muhammad Aurangzeb
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 2:29 PM
          Thanx for telling, the command which u told me ifup eth0 when i write
          there was no response what does it mean. is it mean that the interface
          is up? or down?
        • Wayne Feick
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 2:29 PM
            Those are the commands from bringing interfaces up and down, I believe.
            You probably want "ifconfig" to show you the ones that are up, and
            "ifconfig -a" to show you all, including those that are down.

            Wayne.

            Chris Fox wrote:

            > Muhammad Aurangzeb wrote:
            >

            > | Hi
            > | pls tell me the command that tells me the up interfaces in linux and
            > | also tell me the command, with the help of which i can up the down
            > | ethernet interface.
            >
            > at last one I can answer!
            >
            > ifup eth0
            >
            > ifdown eth0

          • Muhammad Aurangzeb
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 2:35 PM
              Wayne thanx i was really wanted to ask this thanx again.
            • Chris Fox