Dell Inspiron 5000, Fedora Core 3, and PCMPC200

  • david.estacio@sycoleman.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2005
      I have a Dell inspiron 5000 (old machine I know) with a Linksys CardBus
      PCMPC200 network adapter that I am trying to get working under Core 3. I
      have had this card working under Redhat many times and just recently
      switched over from RHEL to Fedora to try out Core 3. The card is being
      recognized as an "Abocom Systems Inc ADMtek Centaur-C Rev 17 [Dlink
      DFE-680TX] CardBus Fast Ethernet Adapter" but it is not working with this
      configuration.

      Anyone have any pointers as to where to start on getting this card working?

      Thanks
      David
    • ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2005
        david.estacio@... wrote:

        >I have a Dell inspiron 5000 (old machine I know) with a Linksys CardBus
        >PCMPC200 network adapter that I am trying to get working under Core 3. I
        >have had this card working under Redhat many times and just recently
        >switched over from RHEL to Fedora to try out Core 3. The card is being
        >recognized as an "Abocom Systems Inc ADMtek Centaur-C Rev 17 [Dlink
        >DFE-680TX] CardBus Fast Ethernet Adapter" but it is not working with this
        >configuration.
        >
        >Anyone have any pointers as to where to start on getting this card working?
        >
        >Thanks
        >David

        What do you mean when you say "it is not working"?

        do. Why? ...In order to afford the sort of existence we don't care to live.
        -- Bradford Angier