Re: linux on D810

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2005
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "pfranss" <pfranss@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am considering purchasing the new Dell Latitude D810 with the
      > intent of running a dual boot system with Win XP and linux.
      > I am therefore interested to hear about whether anyone successfully
      > have installed any Linux distribution on this new Dell Latitude
      > laptop? All reports on installation problems, performance issues
      etc.
      > are of interest.
      >
      > TIA,
      >
      > Peter

      I'm running Mandrake 10.1 on a new D810. I haven't done much tweaking
      yet, but almost everything went smoothly. The only thing I had to do
      manually was add an entry to fstab for the DVD drive. I am using a
      vesa driver and will play with the ati drivers (hopefully) this week.
      I'll try to remember to post again.

      cafucu