Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Interrupt 13 extensions

  • Peter Martinez
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2005
      Thanks Haedn, but another line of enquiry led me to..

      which looks to be exactly what I need. I followed your link too, and that may well be similar but I haven't yet figured-out how to view the information in a variety of strange-named zip files.

      The little program I wrote back in 1988 just read one sector at a time into a hex editor screen and could then be used to write it back. It saved me several times from corrupted MBRs, and even unreadable floppies. I wouldn't expect to use it very often but it seemed a good idea to bring it into the 21st century.

      Peter