nearly success with swsusp and Inspiron 2650

  • koalillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2005
      Hi all,

      As the new Nvidia drivers seem broken on my system, I have been using
      the nv X driver for a while. And I thought... why not try swsusp again?

      Well, with the 2.6.11 kernel and no patches, after removing my PCMCIA
      802.11b card (Atmel based), a:

      echo >/sys/power/state disk

      Worked! And with the resume=/dev/hda5 (my swap partition) option, I
      had my system come back up *nearly* correctly. The USB mouse (or
      probably the whole USB subsystem) and some ACPI stuff was not working
      (namely, the power button didn't work).

      However, it seems that the Inspiron 2650 is pretty close to suspending
      to disk :)