Re: /dev/video0 and v4l on D600

  • theuteck@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2005
      I think you need to specify no video overlay with xawtv. I think that
      is done with 'xawtv --no-xv' , but I am not sure it that is the right
      command. Reading the man page for xawtv may have it.
      I had a similar problem on my desktop for a awhile, I forget how I fixed it.

      On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:34:06 -0000, carter_brey <cbrey@...> wrote:

      > Howdy--
      >
      > Has anyone gotten their video for linux working with this machine? I'm
      > trying to get an Intel webcam working under v4l and xawtv.
      >
      > I have all the appropriate ov511 modules loaded, including
      > videodev,but when I start xawtv on the command line it sez "can't open
      > /dev/v4l/video0: No such device".
      >
      > I created /dev/v4l/video0 with "mknod /dev/v4l/video0 c 81 0". It's
      > most definitely there. I also put "Load v4l" under the modules section
      > of xorg.conf. Any suggestions?
      >
      > The video card is a Radeon Mobility 9000 M9.
      >
      > Thanks a lot,
      > CB

      no .sig found
      Please restart your browser.