Re: [linux-dell-laptops] USB 2.0 cards for i8200

  • Alexandre Tessier
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2005
      Sorry, I read too quickly :-o

      David J. Bakeman wrote:
      > Alexandre Tessier wrote:
      >

      >>I think i8200 is USB 1.1.
      >>

      > Yes it is that's why I asked about the usb 2.0 card.
      >

      >>Alex.
      >>
      >>David J. Bakeman wrote:
      >>

      >>>Anybody gotten a usb 2.0 pcmcia card working with their i8200??
      >>>
      >>>I'd like to have usb 2.0 on my system.
      >>>
      >>>Thanks
      >>>
      >>>dbakeman@...

    • John Ruschmeyer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2005
        On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 09:50 -0800, David J. Bakeman wrote:
        > Alexandre Tessier wrote:
        >
        > >I think i8200 is USB 1.1.
        > >

        > Yes it is that's why I asked about the usb 2.0 card.

        I've used a generic Cardbus USB 2.0 card (NEC chipset, purchased from
        eBay) on an i3700 under both FC2 and Ubuntu with no problems.

        One piece of advice, pay the extra buck or two for one with a ps/2 or
        USB power cable. Some of the cheap ones don't come with the cable (or an
        AC adapter) and may have problems with high-power bus-powered devices.

        <<<john>>>