Hot swapping on Latitude D600

  • carter_brey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2005
      Greetings--

      Am running FC3 on a new Latitude D600; many thanks to the folks who
      posted helpful information on running this distro on this hardware.

      Question: is there any way to hot swap the DVD module for the floppy
      drive module without the machine instantly freezing?

      Many thanks,
      Carter
    • theuteck@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2005
        I think it is a limitation of the D600. I just tried it on mine
        running 2.6.10 and Debian unstable and if froze also.

        On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:43:21 -0000, carter_brey <cbrey@...> wrote:

        > Greetings--
        >
        > Am running FC3 on a new Latitude D600; many thanks to the folks who
        > posted helpful information on running this distro on this hardware.
        >
        > Question: is there any way to hot swap the DVD module for the floppy
        > drive module without the machine instantly freezing?
        >
        > Many thanks,
        > Carter

        no .sig found
        Please restart your browser.