modem not dialing in linux ( dell 510m )

  • G Karunakar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
      I have a dell inspiron 510m, trying to get the modem working under
      linux, I am using debian sarge, kernel 2.6.10. I am using smartlink
      driver (www.smlink.com) v 2.9.10 , which is able to get the modem
      device as ttySL0 ( using slmodemd tool ), but trying to dial fails, it
      gives error no dialtone.
      anyone had similar experiences ? what could be the problem & solution ?

      TIA,
      Karunakar
    • theuteck@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
        Here are few links that might help.
        http://codenewbie.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-761.html
        http://www.linux.com/howtos/Modem-HOWTO-8.shtml
        http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/archive-fourth/msg00100.html

        On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:16:10 -0000, G Karunakar <karunakarg@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I have a dell inspiron 510m, trying to get the modem working under
        > linux, I am using debian sarge, kernel 2.6.10. I am using smartlink
        > driver (www.smlink.com) v 2.9.10 , which is able to get the modem
        > device as ttySL0 ( using slmodemd tool ), but trying to dial fails, it
        > gives error no dialtone.
        > anyone had similar experiences ? what could be the problem & solution ?
        >
        > TIA,
        > Karunakar

        no .sig found
        Please restart your browser.