Re: [linux-dell-laptops] [slightly OT] Need to flash CMOS on Inspiron 1100?

  • Douglas S. Oliver
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      That's exactly what happened on my i8600. Dell also basically gave most of a new laptop. In other words, they replaced my motherboard, keyboard, memory, just about everything but my hard drive, modem, wireless. It must be some known problem that hasn't been divulged yet. You do know that the power bricks for many Dell laptops have been recalled, right? They replaced that for me also even though my old one wasn't on the list and worked fine. I was glad I had paid for the premium protection plan--pricy but worth it in the end. -- douglas

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        Yes I know about that. My power brick is not on that list either. Hope
        nothing will happen to it even though :-D

        /Joakim