Re: [linux-dell-laptops] [slightly OT] Need to flash CMOS on Inspiron 1100?

  • Joakim Olsson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2005
      That's the symptom my I8600 showed a while ago. Sometimes it refused to
      start up the harddrive and then the indicator flashed and then turned
      off the machine again.

      Dell was here and replaced the motherboard and then everything was
      alright again.

      Regards,
      Joakim

      Don Levey wrote:

      > We've got an Inspiron 1100, and it refuses to start up. The battery is
      > fully charged, and even when plugged in to the wall, when we hit the power
      > button the battery indicator flashes a few times and then stops. The
      > machine itself doesn't even start up, it seems.
      >
      > One of my friendly IT guys suggested that I needed to flash the CMOS, but
      > was unable to tell me how. Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > -Don

    • Douglas S. Oliver

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
          Yes I know about that. My power brick is not on that list either. Hope
          nothing will happen to it even though :-D

          /Joakim