[SPAM?] RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Dell Class Action

  • Don Levey
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 10, 2005
      Spam detection software, running on the system "davinci.the-leveys.us", has
      identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
      has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
      similar future email. If you have any questions, see

      Content preview: I don't know if I have been injured, or if I am in any
      way a member of this class. I have indeed bought from Dell recently.But
      being sceptical of someone who dangles some mysterious bait in a
      technical mailing list doesn't mean that I side with large
      corporations. Especially if the attorney discussing the proposed suit
      is going under the moniker "Doctor Doolittle." [...]

      Content analysis details: (7.8 points, 5.0 required)

      pts rule name description
      4.2 IMPOTENCE BODY: Impotence cure
      0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_BLUE BODY: HTML font color is blue
      0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
      0.5 HTML_20_30 BODY: Message is 20% to 30% HTML
      1.1 MAILTO_TO_SPAM_ADDR URI: Includes a link to a likely spammer email
      1.9 WEIRD_PORT URI: Uses non-standard port number for HTTP

      The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
      open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
      or confirm that your address can receive spam. If you wish to view
      it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.
    • Robert P. J. Day
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 10, 2005
        On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, doctor doolittle wrote:

        > I am not interested in hearing from those of you who either do not
        > feel you have been injured or whose sympathies lie with massive
        > corporate entities that defraud rather than the defrauded. If you
        > root for Goliath, I am unlikely to be interested in your case.

        please take your trolling elsewhere. it's pointless to yammer on
        about whether someone on this list feels if they have been "injured"
        by dell unless you can define what particular "injury" your lawsuit
        plans to address.

        you really have no idea how idiotic you sound, do you? let me
        translate:

        "hi. you have no idea who i am, and i refuse to put a real name on
        my posting, but i'm a lawyer and i'd like to invite you to join a
        class-action lawsuit against dell whose basis i refuse to discuss."

        did i get that about right?

        rday
      • Wayne Feick
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 10, 2005
          You come off as someone who has decided they'd like to make some money by suing Dell, and now all you need is the minor point of a grievance of some sort. Put up, or shut up.

          Can we get back to discussing linux?

          Wayne.

          "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@...> wrote:
          On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Paul Adamson wrote:

          > Every class action lawsuit that I've been notified about has
          > included a **very** detailed explanation of the particulars in the
          > initial correspondence.  Hmmmm....there may be a reason for that.

          when i read the first message, it *immediately* reminded me of those
          annoying TV commercials that hustle some new pharmaceutical without
          telling you what it's for.  you know the ones:

            "ask *your* doctor if lipitor is right for *you*."

          but nowhere in the commercial does it actually say what problem
          lipitor is supposed to cure.  high cholesterol?  acid reflux?
          erectile dysfunction?

          the idea that someone is trolling for participants for a class action
          suit in a public forum without explaining the basis for that suit
          should make you just a wee bit suspicious.

          rday

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          --
          Wayne Feick <waf@...>
          Brunz.org
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 10, 2005
            If you do not want to hear from us then unsubscribe from the group. Perhaps I have
            been injured by Dell but I don't know it? Your reasoning is stupid. When I was
            notified about the PayPal suite I was not injured and had no claim, but I received a
            very detailed LEGAL brief informing me of my rights and the case at hand, not a
            vague email from a yahoo account claiming to be from a lawyer that gives to firm,
            address or phone number. Very unprofessional and smells of a scam.

            moderator, please remove the troll

            --- doctor doolittle <montale2004@...> wrote:

            > I am not interested in hearing from those of you who either do not feel you have
            > been injured or whose sympathies lie with massive corporate entities that defraud
            > rather than the defrauded. If you root for Goliath, I am unlikely to be interested
            > in your case.
            >
            > "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@...> wrote:On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Paul Adamson
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Every class action lawsuit that I've been notified about has
            > > included a **very** detailed explanation of the particulars in the
            > > initial correspondence. Hmmmm....there may be a reason for that.
            >
            > when i read the first message, it *immediately* reminded me of those
            > annoying TV commercials that hustle some new pharmaceutical without
            > telling you what it's for. you know the ones:
            >
            > "ask *your* doctor if lipitor is right for *you*."
            >
            > but nowhere in the commercial does it actually say what problem
            > lipitor is supposed to cure. high cholesterol? acid reflux?
            > erectile dysfunction?
            >
            > the idea that someone is trolling for participants for a class action
            > suit in a public forum without explaining the basis for that suit
            > should make you just a wee bit suspicious.
            >
            > rday

            > test'; ">
            >
            > test'; ">
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            =====
            I am the Lord of the Realm of Stupidity
            All are Welcome to My Domain
            Good to See you again!

            http://my.yahoo.com
          • Steve Friis
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 10, 2005
              Well, your response is bull-shit, and you know it. You CAN and SHOULD give the
              details. No-one is going to believe you unless you do. Otherwise, you come
              accross as another un-named TV news correspondent. Without details, I think
              this is a hoax.

              Steve

              --- doctor doolittle <montale2004@...> wrote:

              > It is simply not possible to give the details without jepordizing the success
              > of the litigation (i.e., ability to help our current clients). I assume those
              > that will not contact me for more information have not been injured and will
              > ignore the posts. Sorry I cannot be more specific.
              >
              > Steve Friis <sfriis2002@...> wrote:Personally, you need to be up front
              > and post what you want to do, the reasons
              > here since you posted originally here. Give the details. Then, if I see the
              > reason for this litigation, I might respond.
              >

              > Steve
              >

              > --- doctor doolittle <montale2004@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Thank you very much for responding. The litigation is aimed at making the
              > > ordering process more transparent and, frankly, more honest. If you would
              > > like to know more, please call me
              > > at your convenience. I will be my office this afternoon.
              > >
              > > Thanks again.
              > >
              > > ken <gebser@...> wrote:
              > > montale2004 wrote:
              > >
              > > >I am California lawyer involved in class action litigation against
              > > >Dell. If you recently purchased a Dell computer and would like to
              > > >learn more about the litigation contact me.
              > > >
              > > >Thanks
              > > >

              > > yes, i would like to know more about this.

              > > test'; ">
              > >
              > > test'; ">

              > =====
              >
              > Steve Friis NCT
              >
              > VS Engineering
              >
              > 1705 Roadrunner Lane
              >
              > Las Cruces, NM 88007
              >
              > 505-526-3570

              > test'; ">
              >
              > test'; ">

              =====

              Steve Friis NCT

              VS Engineering

              1705 Roadrunner Lane

              Las Cruces, NM 88007

              505-526-3570

              The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
              http://my.yahoo.com
            • Richard
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 10, 2005
                Why don't you go somewhere else, and harvest email addresses
                somewhere else?

                If you were a 'real' lawyer, you wouldn't hide behind a yahoo
                account. You also would post your full name, contact info including
                the name, address and telephone number of the law firm you represent.

                Post your full name, address and contact information.

                I would imagine the California Bar would be interested in hearing
                about one of their 'lawyers', if that's what you really are (I doubt
                it), attempting to solicit clients this way.

                Go shyster somewhere else, troll. Either that, or provide all the
                information I've asked so we can all verify that you are truly a
                real attorney.

                Buh bye.

                --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "montale2004"
                <montale2004@y...> wrote:

                > I am California lawyer involved in class action litigation against
                > Dell. If you recently purchased a Dell computer and would like to
                > learn more about the litigation contact me.
                >
                > Thanks
              • ken
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 11, 2005
                  Please provide your name and phone number.

                  doctor doolittle wrote:

                  > Thank you very much for responding. The litigation is aimed at making
                  > the ordering process more transparent and, frankly, more honest. If
                  > you would like to know more, please call me
                  > at your convenience. I will be my office this afternoon.
                  >
                  > Thanks again.
                  >
                  > */ken <gebser@...>/* wrote:
                  >
                  > montale2004 wrote:
                  >
                  > >I am California lawyer involved in class action litigation against
                  > >Dell. If you recently purchased a Dell computer and would like to
                  > >learn more about the litigation contact me.
                  > >
                  > >Thanks
                  > >

                  > yes, i would like to know more about this.

                  --
                  "It is not knowable how long that conflict would last, it could last,
                  you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 18, 2005
                    You asked me to call you, but gave me no phone number.

                    ken wrote:

                    >Please provide your name and phone number.
                    >
                    >doctor doolittle wrote:
                    >

                    >>Thank you very much for responding. The litigation is aimed at making
                    >>the ordering process more transparent and, frankly, more honest. If
                    >>you would like to know more, please call me
                    >>at your convenience. I will be my office this afternoon.
                    >>
                    >>Thanks again.
                    >>
                    >>*/ken <gebser@...>/* wrote:
                    >>
                    >> montale2004 wrote:
                    >>
                    >> >I am California lawyer involved in class action litigation against
                    >> >Dell. If you recently purchased a Dell computer and would like to
                    >> >learn more about the litigation contact me.
                    >> >
                    >> >Thanks
                    >> >

                    >> yes, i would like to know more about this.

                    --
                    "It is not knowable how long that conflict would last, it could last,
                    you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
                    --Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 2/7/03
                  • doctor doolittle
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 18, 2005
                      The members of this group have been irrationally hostile and I have decided to give no further information out on this forum. If you qualify as a member of the class you will receive further information or hear about the suit in the press, or both. If you have a genuine problem that you believe requires legal assistance, I wish you luck.

                      ken wrote:

                      >Please provide your name and phone number.
                      >
                      >doctor doolittle wrote:
                      >

                      >>Thank you very much for responding. The litigation is aimed at making
                      >>the ordering process more transparent and, frankly, more honest. If
                      >>you would like to know more, please call me
                      >>at your convenience. I will be my office this afternoon.
                      >>
                      >>Thanks again.
                      >>
                      >>*/ken <gebser@...>/* wrote:
                      >>
                      >>    montale2004 wrote:
                      >>
                      >>    >I am California lawyer involved in class action litigation against
                      >>    >Dell. If you recently purchased a Dell computer and would like to
                      >>    >learn more about the litigation contact me.
                      >>    >
                      >>    >Thanks
                      >>    >
                      >>    >
                      >>    >
                      >>    yes, i would like to know more about this.

                      --
                      "It is not knowable how long that conflict would last, it could last,
                      you know, six days, six weeks.  I doubt six months."
                            --Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 2/7/03

                      Do you Yahoo!?
                    • Wayne Feick
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 18, 2005
                        Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 19, 2005
                          The truth is that it was irrational for you to spam this site in the first
                          place. If you would have been willing to give truthful information so that
                          individuals could have contacted you, such as a real mailing ddress or a phone
                          number, then maybe we would not have considdered you to be a shyster. Then you
                          might have earned some respect. I think I can speak for the group and say that
                          we are glad that you are leaving us.

                          Steve

                          --- doctor doolittle <montale2004@...> wrote:

                          > The members of this group have been irrationally hostile and I have decided
                          > to give no further information out on this forum. If you qualify as a member
                          > of the class you will receive further information or hear about the suit in
                          > the press, or both. If you have a genuine problem that you believe requires
                          > legal assistance, I wish you luck.
                          >
                          > ken <gebser@...> wrote:
                          > You asked me to call you, but gave me no phone number.
                          >
                          > ken wrote:
                          >
                          > >Please provide your name and phone number.
                          > >
                          > >doctor doolittle wrote:
                          > >

                          > >>Thank you very much for responding. The litigation is aimed at making
                          > >>the ordering process more transparent and, frankly, more honest. If
                          > >>you would like to know more, please call me
                          > >>at your convenience. I will be my office this afternoon.
                          > >>
                          > >>Thanks again.
                          > >>
                          > >>*/ken <gebser@...>/* wrote:

                          > >> yes, i would like to know more about this.
                          > >>

                          > --
                          > "It is not knowable how long that conflict would last, it could last,
                          > you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
                          > --Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 2/7/03

                          > test'; ">
                          >
                          > test'; ">

                          =====

                          Steve Friis NCT

                          VS Engineering

                          1705 Roadrunner Lane

                          Las Cruces, NM 88007

                          505-526-3570

                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                        • Robert P. J. Day
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 21, 2005
                            On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, doctor doolittle wrote:

                            > The members of this group have been irrationally hostile and I have
                            > decided to give no further information out on this forum.

                            you never gave out any in the first place. so what's new? hasta la
                            vista, dude. don't let the door smack you in the ass on the way out.

                            rday