Re: Latitude CPxJ external monitor XFree86 4.0.2

  • adam.pendleton@corbett-msc.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2001
      Has there been any update with this. I am having the same problem,
      and used the XFree CVS server to download the xc/lib directory (which
      i assume is the correct one), but I can't figure out how to build a
      new r128_drv.o from this. Can anyone help, or post one that is
      already done? Thanks.

      Adam Pendleton

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., ludovic fernandez
      <ludovic.fernandez@s...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > the r128 driver included with 4.0.2 doesn't manage the
      > external monitor and always fallbacks to the LCD screen.
      > However, the current version of the driver in XFree CVS
      > does include external monitor support. You need to activate
      > it by setting a specific option in your XF86Config file
      > (sorry I don't remember it on top of my head and I don't
      > have access to my laptop right now but this is something like
      > "BIOS...").
      > If you want to hack around, you don't have to install all
      > XFree from CVS, just replace the r128_drv.o in your 4.0.2
      > distribution. This is what I did and it worked for me.
      > Note: This is CVS and we are talking about hacking....
      >
      > Ludo.
    • Mark Dorset
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 14 7:51 PM
        There is an r128.o file on the yahoogroups site which addresses the
        issue.

        someone@... wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > did anyone got the files or URL to find it? I am currently having
        > similar problem with my C600 on C/Port II.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Jason Wong
        >
        > --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Mark Dorset <markd@i...> wrote:
        > > Hi Ludo,
        > >
        > > I would really appreciate it if you could post the driver. The
        > constant
        > > Fn-F8'ing to see my display on the external monitor is really
        > annoying.
        > > Also, I can't get a display higher than 1024x768 on a 21" monitor,
        > so
        > > hopefully your driver may address that as well.
        > >
        > > ;-)
        > > mark

        Mark Dorset <markd@...>
        Technical Support Engineer, iPlanet E-Commerce Solutions
        Netscape Communications Australia Pty Ltd
      • someone@beaconlite.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 14 7:54 PM