Re: Wireless troubles here as well

  • Will
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      I used ndiswrapper to get my card working. I had some trouble
      because I used the rpm (for fedora) but it did not install correct.
      I was not aware of that problem and could not figure out why it
      wouldn't work. Finally I took the rpm out and did the "make
      install" option. Once it was in correctly, It worked great!! Since
      I use Fedora I had a few items to update - the info was on the
      distribtions page on the "wiki" site for ndiswrapper/sourceforge.net
      info. Kinda hard to locate.

      Once I had the correct install, I was up and running in less than 5
      minutes. Most of that was just double checking my settings and
      finding out that the card will recognize itself if it is ejected and
      reinserted.

      Have fun experimenting!