Re: [linux-dell-laptops] May we send you some information?3275

  • Joel Epstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      Folks....

      simply look at the full email headers to see where it came from.

      bilbo wrote:

      > What is this rubbish?
      > I don't join mailing lists to be spammed - is this normal and if so is
      > there somewhere/someone else to move this list to?
      > oh and that pseudo-legal postscript is crap- the bill hasn't been
      > passed by the US Congress and at least some of us aren't in the
      > US anyway. THIS IS SPAM.
      > On 1 Feb 2001, at 14:48, ams@... wrote:
      > You e-mail address was included in an opt-in address list
      > we purchased for one-time use. Sorry for the intrusion if
      > your name was erroneously included. Since this is a one-
      > time mailing to you, there is nothing you have to do to be
      > removed. Unless you respond to this message, you are
      > already "removed." Here is a deal we thought you would like
      > to see. If not, please just Delete this message, and you will
      > not be contacted by us again. Thanks.
      > ..snip..
      > ****
      > This message is sent in compliance of the new email bill
      > HR 1910. Under Bill HR 1910 passed by the 106th U.S.
      > Congress on May 24, 1999, this message cannot be
      > considered Spam as lo
      > regards,
      > Bill

      =================================
      Joel Epstein
      Manager of Systems Integration
      Integrated Warehousing Solutions
      3075 Highland Parkway Suite 715
      Downers Grove, Illinois 60515
      Phone: 630.932.4300
      Fax: 630.932.7652
      Email: joele@...
    • bilbo
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
        On 2 Feb 2001, at 12:42, Joel Epstein wrote:

        > Folks....
        >

        > simply look at the full email headers to see where it came from.

        Have you tried this?
        If so could you post the relevant portions here please, as when I
        tried this (as soon as I got this garbage) I get less information, not
        more!

        regards,
        Bill