82855PM stepping B1 - who has it?

  • Ron Rechenmacher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2005

      Under Linux, I can do:
      setpci -d 8086:3340 08.b
      and get:
      03
      According to
      ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/specupdt/25348802.pdf
      (page 6), this means I have the "A3" "Stepping" (and
      cannot get 333 MHz memory performance).
      Does anyone out there get, as page 6 indicates, "21"
      (or higher) which would indicate the B1 stepping (or
      higher)???

      I know several other people with other Dell laptops
      (i.e. Inspiron 8600) which uses the 82855PM chipset.
      and lspci on all of them, even though they are less
      than 6 months old, have the rev "03"

      Does anyone know how to get this detail chipset
      revision info under windows? (To facilitate
      communications with windows people:)
      Note: I've seen a post from a year ago on another
      board that someone though that the processor "Stepping
      Mask" that the Sandra software reports under CPU and
      BIOS info was the revision of the chipset; I believe
      this is completely incorrect; it's the stepping mask
      for the processor (which may just happen to look like
      a valid revision for the chipset)

      Thanks,
      Ron

      http://mail.yahoo.com