Newbie on Mepis Pro with a 5150

  • tristan_kaden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2005
      Wow... i just installed this and got a tingly feeling in my no-no spot..

      After 2 months of searching this really seems to be the distro for me
      (and i suggest other newbies check it out).

      OK so it's only been on my machine for about an hour however had no
      problems with the basic build using the latest release candidate.

      * Wireless: My 1300 wireless using the kwifimanager that is built in
      (no playing with ndiswrapper). works flawlessly.. even with wep.
      * Comes with cd/dvd burning apparel however i haven't had the chance
      to check it out.
      * The nvidia fx5200 video works
      * Installation was almost too easy.
      * Haven't looked at the dial modem (I don't use it)
      * Boots up and down clean.
      * Debian based (so nice package manager)
      * Useful packages pre-installed.

      alrighty.. just wanted to share ;-)